- Anti war demonstrations became very popular in the U.S.
- president Nixon was elected in 1968 on a peace platform (tricky dicky)
- Nixon wanted to find a way out honourably
- Developed Vietnamization with help of Henry Kissinger and Henry Cabot- Lodge
- The Plan had a two track formula:
- Make the south well trained enough military that they could withstand the north on their own
- Strengthen the south's
Summary: As President Nixon began to withdrawal the US from Vietnam, he introduced various plans to do this, one of which being Vietnamization. As more soldiers were withdrawn from Vietnam, an air war ensued as B-52's constantly dropped bombs over Vietnam.
Quote: "But the question facing us today is: Now that we are in the war, what is the best way to end it?"
-President Richard Nixon
Subjunctive Question: At the end of the day did Vietnamization save many lives?