Lyndon B. Johnson
- A wealthy Texan rancher
- was Kennedy's vice President after him assassination
- was reelected for second term
- entire time in office embroiled hint the Vietnam war (was discredited and didn't even run against Nixon
- Championed the civil rights bill
- Formed the peace corps called Vista which was a part of his "war on poverty" and also apart of his great society
- wanted to create more equality for blacks
Summary: Lyndon B. Johnson came into presidency following the assassination of John F. Kennedy. During Johnson's time in office, he developed the Civil Rights Bill and formed the VISTA Peace Corps.
Subjunctive Question: Would Lyndon be remembered at all if it was not for the Vietnam war?