Socialism in One Country and Stalin vs Trotsky
- Lenin was shot in 1921- never fully recovered- dies in 1924
- power struggle between Stalin and Trotsky
- "Guns or Butter" debate=weather they wanted to focus on heavy industry or consumer goods (stalin on guns side, trotsky on butter side)
- Struggle continues for 3 years
- Stalin is successful
- Expels Trotsky from soviet union
- later to be put on trial in abstentia for treason
- hunted down and assissinated in Mexico City in 1940
- Stalin to follow "Socialism in One country"
"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem." - Joseph Stalin
If Lenin was not shot, would the power struggle not have happened?
Summary: After Lenin was shot in 1921 there was a power struggle between Stalin and Trotsky, it went on for 3 years. Stalin ended up being successful and expelled Trotsky from the Soviet Union.