5 Year Plan
- A series of plans designed to increase industry and output
- based on quota system
- economic planning was now forced
- command economy- set targets for production
- First was 1928-1933 -agricultural changed (collectivization)
- main focus on heavy industry
- second was 1933-1937
- too severe and changed in 1934
- many party officials revolted against this and nominated a successor to Stalin
- Stalin had him shot
Fact: China, Cuba, North Korea and the former Soviet Union are examples of countries that have command economies.
Summary: There were many plans designed to increase industry and output over a series of 5 years. However many people didn't agree with them so revolted and they nominated a successor to Stalin.