Camp David Accords
- U.S. President Jimmy Carter hosted a Peace Treaty between the Egyptians and Israelis at his retreat
- They agreeed to:
- Not make war
- Negotiate the refugee problem
- israel could use the Suez Canal
- Israel would get their supply oil from egypt
- The result of this was the Egyptians got expelled from
Quote: "You can do what you have to do, and sometimes you can do it even better than you think you can."
Summary: The Camp David Accords involved President Jimmy Carter of the United States, hosting a Peace Treaty between the Israelis and the Egyptians. This treaty included not making war, and four other agreements.
Question: Had there been a different US president at this time, how would the relationship between these countries be different? Would there have been no peace treaty?