Yom Kippur War
- "Mrs. Prime Minister, we are at war"
- The Egyptions planned for another attack
- This time they wanted it to be a surprise over the Yom Kippur Holiday
- They have original gains (US then sends aid to Israel)
- The war ends with the borders being unchanged
- The went then pushed hard for a settlement due to the rise in oil prices (OPEC raised oil 70%)
- put the world in financial crisis
Quote: "Mrs. Prime Minister, we are at war"
Summary: The Eyptians planned an attack over the Yom Kippur holiday, this was supposed to be a surprise, but nothing was gained or lost expect a huge rise in oil prices.
Question: Would Israel have been wiped out if the weren't able to quickly retaliate against the Egyptians?