The Great Leap Forward
- Mao's new economic plan after five year plans criticized
- China organized into 28,000 communes
- Main factors:
- Great industrial and scientific activity
- Muscle power used to build, dams, and irrigation
- Small communal factories
- Famine a huge problem (30,000,000 deaths)
Quote: "Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
Subjunctive question: How would China be different today if the great leap forward had no happened?
Summary: The Great Leap Forward was a push by Mao Zedong to change china from a predominantly agrarian (farming) society to a modern, industrial society in just five years.