Herbert Hoover and Hoovervilles
- Free Enterprise
- Introduces socialist measures
- People unhappy "Hoovervilles"
- Replaced by Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1932 election
- High Tariffs- success for US businesses, part of isolationism policy (lowered international trade)
- Laissez faire capitalism- private ownership with little infringement from the government (Hoover's idea of free enterprise)- Problem is Hoover felt the government should stay out of these issues and not help the business's, everyone failed.
- Overproduction: a major cause for both agricultural recession and stock market crash
- Government restrictions on immigration